June 11, 2006
Cooperation of International Institutions for Related Global Issues
Deadline for abstracts June 20
Registration for the conference is free of charge. Participants are expected to pay their own travel and local expenses.
The EU, with its growing importance in international institutions, with its experiences of cooperating related international issues can play an important role in the cooperation of related issues in global international institutions.
For instance, the following issues:
(1) The global environmental protection is an issue in a related space of the WTO and the International Environment Protection Institution, since to protect global environment cross border trade has to be regulated;
(2) Trade liberalization and labour standards, food security, national security, financial stability, health issue, arms control.
(3) Financial liberalization, financial stability and development issues;
(4) Liberalization of services trade and national culture;
(5) Trade liberalization and problem of balance of payments;
(6) Poverty reduction, HIPC, the management of national debt of highly indebted poor countries and the Millennium Development Goals, etc.
More at: http://homepage.uibk.ac.at